Pittsburgh Says “No More” to Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault
5th Annual Father’s Day Pledge Ceremony will take place at U.S. Steel Tower Plaza on June 13 – largest gathering to date expected with participation by several corporations
WHAT: Father’s Day Pledge Public Signing Ceremony to End Gender Violence
On Thursday, June 13, prominent business, civic and community leaders, and public officials will lend their voices to the prevention of domestic violence and sexual assault at the 5th annual Father’s Day Pledge Ceremony in downtown Pittsburgh.
This year’s public gathering is expected to be the largest yet with groups from UPMC, Koppers, Ernst & Young LLC, PNC, KPMG, Highmark Health and several other organizations participating.
During the rally, the leaders will recite and sign the pledge to end gender-based violence. The program will conclude with a public pledge signing.
The event is hosted by Southwest PA Says No More, an initiative supported by FISA Foundation, The Heinz Endowments and United Way of Southwestern Pennsylvania.
WHEN: Thursday, June 13, 2019, 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
WHERE: U.S. Steel Tower Plaza, 600 Grant Street, Downtown Pittsburgh
(If it rains, the event will be held in the upper lobby of U.S. Steel Tower.)
12:00 p.m. Welcome by emcee Sally Wiggin
12:05 p.m. Opening remarks
Kristy Trautmann, FISA Foundation
Adam Baron, United Way of Southwestern PA
12:12 p.m. Prevention takes leadership
The Honorable Rich Fitzgerald, County Executive
The Honorable William Peduto, Mayor, City of Pittsburgh
12:20 p.m. Supporting survivors
Nicole Molinaro, president and CEO of Women’s Center and Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh
12:25 p.m. The meaning of the Father’s Day Pledge
Saleem Ghubril, executive director, The Pittsburgh Promise
12:30 p.m. Corporate leaders – changing the culture
• Leroy Ball, Koppers
• Evan Frazier, Highmark Health
• Greg Jordan, PNC
• Mike McClaine, Aspirant
• Darrell Smalley, Ernst & Young LLP
• James Taylor, UPMC
• Mark Twerdok, KPMG
12:40 p.m. Public recitation of the Pledge
Rabbi Ron Symons, Jewish Community Center
12:45 p.m. Signing Ceremony with VIP signers, including:
• Jack Barbour, Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney
• Jeff Broadhurst, Eat’n Park Hospitality Group
• Brad Buchanan, PwC
• Stephen Christian-Michaels, Wesley Family Services
• Bernie Colbert, Pittsburgh Action Against Rape
• Matthew Davin, JusticeWorks YouthCare
• Elliot Dinkin, Cowden Associates, Inc.
• George Fleming
• Jose Garth, Planned Parenthood
• Andrew C. Hughley, CCAC
• Bruce Kraus, President, Pittsburgh City Council
• Brian McCall, Maher Duessel
• Doug Muetzel, Wesley Family Services
• Cory O’Connor, Pittsburgh City Council-District 5
• Jack Pischke, Allegheny County Bureau of Corrections
• Alexander Reagle, Domestic Violence Services of SWPA
• Brian Schreiber, Jewish Community Center
• Paul Siefken, Fred Rogers Productions
• Patrick Sopko, Auberle
• Joey Vallarian, ALCOSAN
• Kevin C. Wilkes, Pittsburgh Cultural Trust
• Representative of Schneider Downs
12:55 p.m. Public signing of the pledge continues
RSVP: The public is invited. For information or to RSVP, click here.
Father’s Day Pledge is inspired by work of Connect NYC. It began in 2014 as a partnership between FISA Foundation, The Heinz Endowments and Pennsylvania Coalition Against Domestic Violence and focused on raising awareness and inviting men to be part of prevention.