Local leaders say NO MORE during Domestic Violence Awareness Month
Over the last 6 years, Southwest PA Says No More has built a coalition of employers working to address domestic violence as a workplace and workforce issue. This issue is particularly important now, during the pandemic, while domestic violence rates are high as abusive partners take advantage of social distancing to increase violence at home.
We’re so proud of the many corporate and community leaders who pledge to end domestic violence and sexual assault. All of these leaders are a part of STANDING FIRM and have take action to change policies and train employees at their companies to recognize, respond, and refer victims of domestic violence to get help. Watch this powerful video and join us in taking the pledge:
I PLEDGE TO:
• Not use violence of any form in my relationships.
• Speak up if I witness harassment or abusive behavior.
• Take reports of abuse seriously and support survivors.
• Mentor and teach young people to have safe, mutually respectful relationships.
• Work to end all forms of violence. I will lead by example.
It matters to speak up for the things you believe in.